Monday, November 9, 2009

Notes

Now with all my excuses behind me I've started doing some handiwork again :) Here is a notebook I made for a friend who just had surgery.



It's a plain composition book that I wrapped with a brown paper bag quite some time ago, so the paper isn't quite as tight and nice as I would have liked it. The paper used is from my scrap pile so I have no idea of the brand or the particular names for the colors (like marigold or sunshine yellow).

I do know the tools I used :) For the butterfly I used the QuicKutz butterfly. The grass or sea (if you think like my husband) was cut using EK Success Dotted Wave border punch. The sun was cut with my Spellbinder Classic Circles, then edged with Stampin Up Pumkin Pie classic ink. The letters were die cut from Cuttlebug's Olivia Alphabet. They are kind of thin and can be hard to work with, but I like the elegant look they give. The flower is a layered Martha Stewart Daisy punch, and the center is Doodlebugs Sugar Coating glitter in Bumblebee topped with a bit of Diamond glaze. And there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment