Friday, February 5, 2010

PAPERTREYink Challenge



I have been promising myself over and over again that I am going to participate in a challenge, and more specifically a Papertrey Ink challenge. Well, here it is, a frantic two hours later. I must have embossed 10 of these sets of trees before I got something close to what I wanted. Then I spent a half hour looking for my camera. Can't participate in a challenge purely on a written description of your card - though I was almost prepared to do that when I found the camera (it was on my nightstand - had to use stealth to get it, husband was asleep - so I wrapped my flashlight in my pajamas and had enough light to see it on the nightstand).
So here is the card - voila!
Card Ingredients:
Paper - Enchanted Evening & black from Papertrey
Stamps - Through the Trees & Fancy Flourishes from Papertrey
Ink - Vintage Cream from Papertrey
Two-toned Embossing Powder - Midnight Gold from Moon Glow
Other - enchanted evening ribbon from Papertrey, button from Papertrey, Star Dust Stickles, snowflake brads from my stash.
I didn't have time to let the ink dry before buffing off the embossed trees, so I gently wiped it with a damp papertowel. I thought this gave a very nice wintry effect. The Fancy Flourish stamp looks like swirls of snow :) so I added a couple of snowflake brads. Not too bad for my tenth card (and I'm not showing you the previous nine - you should see my crafting area, let me post a quick photo).



You might be saying that's not so bad - well actually, the whole room looks like that right now. I'm just not backing up to show the whole mess. Anyway, I'm glad I have finally participated.

No comments:

Post a Comment