Saturday, August 22, 2009

Using Spellbinders Impressabilities with the Big Shot

I thought I'd have time between my first post and this one to actually get a project done - but that's not happening. What I have been doing is trying to get the Spellbinders Impressabilities to work on my Stampin Up Big Shot. I was working with Spellbinders' tan embossing mats, the platform, and the cutting pads AND I was getting nothing. Very frustrating. Finally after some research I realized I was working with the wrong Big Shot accessories. So, to save someone else from the same hassle, I thought I would share how to get the Impressabilities to work.

In addition to the Big Shot, you will need the multipurpose platform, one cutting pad, the embossing plate, cardstock (preferably the lightweight variety), Sizzix's silicone rubber pad (found in the Texturz Starter Kit), and the Impressions pad (also in the Starter Kit).

First place the platform on the Big Shot with Tab 1 & 2 open. You will not be using these tabs.


Then place one cutting pad on the platform.


Place your Impressability plate (or any thin metal embossing plate) on the cutting pad.


Cover with a piece of lightweight cardstock.


Then lay the silicone rubber sheet over the cardstock.


Finally, put the Sizzix Impressions pad on top and roll through the Big Shot.


Voila'! You can remove the cardstock from the embossing plate, or leave it on and use the plate as a stencil. Here I have removed it to show the detail as is on the cardstock.


ETA: One more photo to show the embossing detail. Here I took a classic (water-based dye) stampin spot, placed it upside down and flat against the cardstock. I then drew it lightly across the paper. The ink highlighted the raised areas. Pretty cool I think :)

1 comment:

  1. I know you posted this quite a while ago but wanted to say Thank You! I was so stumped on how to use my Impressabilities design with no instructions on the packaging nor on the Spellbinders website! My project turned out perfect!

    Thanks again!
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete