Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happy Halloween and Glimmer Mist

I'm part of a group of ladies that get together once a month to trade cards and do several make and takes. This September we are doing Halloween/Fall cards and I came up with this one.



I embossed my favorite new stencil, "Bare Trees" from Dreamweaver, using the Big Shot on SU kraft paper (see yesterday's post for how-to). Using the stencil to mask the embossed kraft paper I lightly sprayed it with Tattered Angels Black Gold Glimmer Mist.
Now I don't know about you but I can make the biggest mess with glitter sprays. It does not matter how much I cover my workspace, I will get glitter mist everywhere. So I recently discovered that I can keep my mess to a minimum if I put what is to be glittered in a box and then spray it. Voila'! The mess is easily contained and I don't have to wipe down everything in sight. Here is the kraft paper and stencil just after spraying:


Don't spray too heavily, a light misting will be enough to show a contrast. If you use too much you risk having the spray ooze under the stencil.

Final touches were the witch image (Broderbund Printshop) printed on SU Barely Banana Cardstock and cut out with a circle punch. Touched up the moon with Crystal Stickles. Used black organdy ribbon with a hand fashioned buckle. Happy Halloween (from Inkadinkado) is embossed in black. Paper is from Stampin Up, Kraft, Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black.

No comments:

Post a Comment