Friday, September 11, 2009

Trick or Treat

Oy Vey! I'm killing myself with this bad picture taking. I need to practice where in the house I can get good lighting and can take some good pictures. I took the pictures for the following project outside, but that's not always possible (could be raining, could be dark, could be smoggy from a fire in California, or there might be Bigfoot waiting to sell me a magazine subscription). Anyway here is what I've been working on...



This is a little treat bag for the ladies in my stamping group. I took a picture from the side so you could see the little chocolates I put inside.



And here is a stamp image that I couldn't leave out. I'm not typically one for whimsy, but sometimes one just catches my eye and I have to use it. This is one of those images.



I used a 3.5 x 8.5 inch piece of cardstock and scored it at 3.5", 4" and 7.5". I went ahead and creased all the score marks so that the paper folded into something like a small envelope with a 1/2 inch flat bottom. I then took my deckle scissors and cut the little fold of the envelope for a small decorative edge.

For the front of the card I cut a vanilla cardstock circle with my 2 inch circle punch and stamped it with "Trick or Treat". I added stickles for a bit of glow. I then cut out a 1 x 3.5 inch piece of black cardstock and punched out Martha Stewart's Graveyard Gravestone border punch. Then assembled the front as shown in the picture above.

For the back, I used Spellbinders Label Three for the die cut and stamped the cat image directly onto designer paper. I also stamped the image onto white cardstock and cut out just the toilet paper to paste over the image on the designer paper. I then embellished the back with a die cut from Sizzix Scribble Swirls and a single dew drop.

At this point I added my chocolates (in a 3 x 4 inch cellophane bag) by stapling it to the top inside back of the "envelope". I closed the envelope up and punched on either side of the exposed staple a ribbon slot with my Fiskars punch. I then added 14 inches of 1 inch black organdy ribbon. Tied it shut and voila! A cute Trick or Treat gift.

~Ingredient List~

Paper: Elegant Eggplant, black, vanilla, and white cardstock from Stampin Up. Orange designer paper from Patterns Pack II from Stampin Up.

Stamps: Ghouls & Goblins clear stamps from Inkadinkadoo

Other embellishments: Graveyard border punch from Martha Stewart, 2-inch circle punch, Spellbinders Nestabilities Label Three, Sizzix Scribble Swirls die, Crystal Stickles, 1" black organdy ribbon and a dew drop from my own stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment